Shimmy's Beach is serious about privacy. How do we do this? Shimmy's Beach uses a secure server to encrypt all of your personal information. We use strong security measures to prevent the loss, misuse and alteration of your information once it is in our records.
How we use information
Our site uses an order form allowing you to request information, products and services. Contact information (email address, telephone number, address, etc.) is also used to get in touch with you when necessary. Financial information (credit card number, credit card expiration date, billing address, etc.) is only used to bill you for products and services purchased at Shimmy's Beach.
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our web site. Your IP address may also be used to gather broad demographic information and to recognize customer traffic patterns and site usage. This information assists us in developing the design and layout of the site.
You may, from time to time, receive information from us about new features, new services and special offers we think you'll find valuable. If you'd like to opt out of receiving future email offers from Shimmy's Beach, you can follow the unsubscribe link in the lower left hand column, or just log into your account where you will see an option for receiving emails.
This site may now, or in the future, contain links to other sites. Shimmy's Beach is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such sites.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers What we do with the information we gather We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.